3 Ways You Will Empower Personal Growth
- Ensure our clients work out safely, and coach them to prevent potential injuries.
- Demonstrate the workouts, offer modifications, and coach all the way through.
- Provide ongoing health and fitness education through great interpersonal connections with clients.
So What Will I Be Doing?
You will coach our small- and large-group training classes. You’ll share information about nutrition programs that help men, women, and teens improve their health. As a Fit Code coach, you will inspire individual transformations through nutrition counseling, fitness and mobility testing, body composition analysis, and weekly training sessions.
Why This Job Is Important
- You’ll be responsible for setting the tone for our clients who come to our gym seeking to better themselves.
- Our clients will be counting on you for help with their accounts, concerns, exercise modifications, or other issues.
- You will have the power to effect real change in the lives of our clients. (To build relationships with lasting change, you’ll need to be ultra responsive to clients’ needs and always follow through for them.)
Our Wishlist for Coaches
- Minimum of high school diploma, but some college preferred.
- Personal training certification preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and best practices.
- Passion for working out, staying in shape, or improving personal health and fitness.
- Ability to demonstrate exercises with excellent form for clients.
- Sales experience a plus.
What does our Superwoman/Superman look like?
Who you are
- An excellent customer service agent who always makes a good first impression.
- A great communicator who works well with others and easily builds rapport.
- Someone who learns quickly and is comfortable working with technology.
- A steward of your own health and the wellbeing of others.
- A motivator who can encourage and uplift others.
- Someone who knows how to make things happen.
- A resourceful person who doesn’t need to have their hand held.
- Someone who doesn’t crumble under stress or tight deadlines.
- An observant person with an eye for detail.
- A team player who isn’t locked into a 9-to-5 day, but embraces an “until it gets done” attitude.
- A professional who takes ownership and pride in your work.
- A fearless leader who doesn’t shy away from challenges.
- A lifelong learner who can absorb and implement new ideas quickly.
- A flexible person who adapts well to changes on-the-go.
- Someone who can handle direct feedback and doesn’t need to be coddled.
Who you’re not
- A gossiper
- A close-minded person who won’t adapt to change
- A clock puncher
- Someone who prefers to work alone
- A procrastinator
Why Consider a Career at Fit Code?
- Our management team is committed to your success.
- We offer a casual, yet professional environment.
- Our workplace is team oriented.
- We are a dynamic and growing company.
- People know and respect us because of our excellent reputation. The Chicago Tribune named us the top gym for the third year in a row in the Best of Chicago’s Southland contest.
- We believe in people and their dreams!